This building has had three different names. Originally it was called “Stafford Training School.” It was built by the WPA (Works Progress Administration) in 1939 and was the first black high school in the county. The term “Training School” was used in many areas in the south to differentiate a white high school from a black high school. Later it was called H.H. Poole High School and still later, after integration in the mid-sixties, Poole school became a vocational annex, and its name was changed to the Rowser Building.