Little Forest Baptist Church’s founding members met in homes or under a persimmon tree. Led by Pastor Uriah Johnson, they finally built their first church in 1905. In 1959 that building was demolished to make a road later renamed Interstate 95. Some church members met at a nearby Hills Texaco Station, but feared losing their congregation. In 1960, land was donated by B.A. and Eva Moyler so the church could be constructed at its present location – nearby Route 1, a little south of Boswell’s Corner.