The other parish in Stafford was Overwharton Parish. Aquia Church, located in northern Stafford, was probably the third church built on that site between 1751-1757. It is one of the best surviving examples of colonial churches in America and Virginia. Bricks were kilned at the site and Aquia stone accents came from the local island quarry. Its storied history in war and peace is remarkable. Its communion silver was buried three times during the Revolution, War of 1812, and Civil War.